Tuesday, July 28

It's a Celebration!!

 
I'm sure by now you know about a month long super fun celebration hosted by my crafty gal Jenn Shurkus. The celebration started July 7th and every Tuesday in July party guests have "CASED" projects from Jenn's blog over the past 10 years. So if you haven't already, stop by Jenn's blog and check out all the inspired projects from tons of party goers!! What could make this MORE fun - GIFTS of course!! Check out all the AWESOME sponsors who are participating in this celebration ...
 
 
We would LOVE to have you participate and CASE one of Jenn's projects too! Jenn has some easy rules for this party and you can see them HERE. There will be a linkup on Jenn's blog and you have until August 4th to participate. All winners will be announced HERE on August 7th at 8:00am.
I was thrilled when Jenn asked me to join in the celebration. I knew which one of her awesome projects I was inspired by. I've seen it IRL and it's so pretty. Here's her card that inspired me ...
 
 
The shimmer on this card is so pretty. Check out Jenn's post HERE for details on her lovely card. I decided to create a tag using her background technique. If you know me you know I love creating Prima Doll Tags. So I decided to use a doll stamp and incorporate it onto the background. Here's my tag which I created on watercolor paper ...
 
 
I love the bright colors and all the yummy shimmer! I kept her outfit kinda simple so it wouldn't compete with the background. Here's a few close ups - you can see the shimmer more in this photo ...
 

 
 

  
I love how this came out! It's one of my favorite tags to date! Please stop by Jenn's blog to see today's party guests projects.
Thanks for letting me share this with you and I hope you participate with the celebration - hey, the sponsored prizes will be worth it AND it will be fun!! Have a great day!
 
SUPPLIES: 
 


13 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty!! I love the white sparkle circles that contrast the colored circles...very nice.

jenn shurkus said...

lynn!!!!!!!! this is gorgeous!! that background is simply fabulous and i love love the prima girl :) you rock those!! thank you so much for being a part of my celebration, it means a lot to me!!

Phyllis said...

adorable, love the bright yellow and green, great job, as always

Jean said...

Gorgeous backgrounds!

ionabunny said...

Love prima dolls. Such a pretty tag. Hugz

Deb said...

Wonderful tag and a great quote Lynn, love it!

Greta said...

Wow--what a wonderful case of Jenn's card! I commented when she posted the card that I wanted to case it & now with your inspiration added I'm going to!

Ruth Gauss said...

What a fabulous tag! I love the fussy cutting you did with the image and the background is awesome! The sentiment is perfectly wonderful, too! TFS!

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful splatter look on both!

Hippymom83 said...

Oh Wow! super cute!

Zarah said...

That is stunning! I love how you stayed true to the card you were inspired by, but you gave it your own twist with the shape and the addition of that doll. It rocks!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh fabulous, love the one you cased as well

Taunya Butler said...

LOVE this - it is so excellently done and the paper piecing is just awesome!! Love that you did such a great job CASEing Jenn!! Wonderfully done!! So glad you came to Jenn's party so I could visit you!!! Have a happy day!!!

BLOG CREDITS