Sunday, August 5

Beating the heat with Studio Time

It's been so hot and I have no immediate access to a pool or the beach so I've been in my studio most of the weekend! That's good and bad - good for creating, bad for the tan!


I've been working in several art journals lately and I'm still favoring the Strathmore thus far. Here's a background page using an 8.5 x 11 Canson Wirebound Sketchbook I purchased at Michael's which is ok - but the paper is on the thin side, so not the best for really wet media! I'm liking 90lb. weight or more for wet media projects. Another option is to double or triple up on the lighter weight pages - glue them together - to get a sturdier page. Anyway, here's a background using a bleaching technique I learned from the FAB Dyan Reaveley ...


IMG_0024 (3)


Not sure where this page will go but it's ready when I am!! Thanks for stopping by and stay cool!!


 



BLOG CREDITS