Monday, February 10

Project Life: Week 5

Hello and Happy Monday! I wanted to share my PL Week 5 with you and let you know it wasn't the best ending to a week. My sweet lab Simba became suddenly lame last Saturday and my mind went to the worst case scenario. After two Vet visits, X-Rays, Lab work and several exams she was diagnosed with cellulitis on one of her toes on her rear leg. Simba will be 13 years old in April so her back legs are already weak from arthritis and normal nerve degeneration. Being very lame was quite a challenge for both of us and the snow didn't help. She is so stoic - typical Lab - but I knew she was hurting. After a few days of antibiotics she was no longer lame and acting like her normal sweet self. While she was limping, I moved my laptop and a few projects to the kitchen so she wouldn't have to climb stairs and so I could keep an eye on her. My whole craft space is two flights up in my loft so I wasn't up there the whole week. We are back to normal and she able to do the stairs and is much more comfortable. She is honestly the sweetest dog - loves EVERYONE, especially kids and has a heart of gold. I'm so relieved she's better.
For Week five I used Maggie Holmes Edition Core Kit I purchased at Michael's. I said I wasn't going to purchase any more big core kits, but I love Maggie Holmes products so I couldn't pass this up - especially with a coupon!! I used Photo Pocket Page Design F. The pocket page design allows for lots of photos and/or journaling depending on the week you've had. All of my photos were printed from my iphone pics to my Canon Selphy. The title card is layers of ephemera from Maggie's Flea Market Collection which coordinates well with her other collections. Here's the title card ...


The cabochon is also part of the Flea Market collection! The journaling cards are all typed - still LOVIN' my Mom's typewriter - such a great addition to my crafting!! I also added some stamping to fill up the journaling cards. Here's the whole page followed by some close-ups ...







So, that was my Week 5. Glad it ended well and excited to be moving on. For Week 6 I continued with Maggie's edition from Michael's and used page Design G. I'll return Wednesday to share Week 6. Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear from you. Have a great Week 6!!

1 comment:

Kathy Skou said...

This came out awesome and I'm so glad Simba is feeling better!!!

BLOG CREDITS