Monday, February 17

Winter Blues and an ATC

Since I last blogged, we here in New England have survived a few more storms - more shoveling, more unsure footing, less road salt available,  miserable commutes ... we are so D-O-N-E with Winter!!
What do you all do to deal with the winter? I gravitate to my studio and create or organize something! I LOVE art so that's some of what I do. This week I finished an ATC for my group at Right at Home Scrapbooking. Our theme this month was "Fairytale". I found a gorgeous image on Pinterest by an artist named Amanda Clark. I resized the image to wallet size and printed the image on white Sticky Back Canvas by Ranger. I frayed the edges and stitched around the image with gold metallic thread - I don't think my sewing machine appreciated the canvas. Here's my ATC ...
 
 
I used a Sakura Gelly Roll Glitter Pen to add some detail to the girl and to some background stars. (If you click on the image you can see the glimmer more). I masked off the wing and stamped inside it with a script stamp and gesso. I tucked some gold tulle and a piece of a doily under the image. I also added some gold rub-ons for some more bling ...

 
You can see the glitter pen more in this angle as well. This was a fun challenge - it took me awhile to come up with this and I loved the challenge! Next month's theme is our "Favorite Character". As of now - I have NO idea what to do!!
Thanks for stopping by and I will be back Wednesday for Project Life Week &. I love how this page came out. Enjoy your Holiday Monday and I'll see you soon!!

3 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

This came out awesome! Love the gold accents!!!!

Donna said...

so awesome lynn........loving the gold

Phyllis said...

This is so very pretty, so proud of your artistic talent. Phyllis

BLOG CREDITS