Sunday, November 30

Creative Scrappers | Sketch 283 Reveal

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving had a wonderful holiday! I spent the day at my brother and sister in law's home and had a lovely day with family and friends. The food was fantastic - my favorite meal of the year!! You can't go wrong with wonderful company, delicious food and then a nap later!!!
Instead of shopping on Black Friday I had a lovely day crafting with a few great friends - I did snag a bargain or two online though! Saturday was back with the family making cookies for an upcoming cookie swap.
That brings us to today. I'm teaching a canvas class this afternoon over at
Right at Home Scrapbooking. We are close to sold out but you check with the store to see if there's any availability.  To check on the details for the class, including a supply list, go to "Upcoming Classes" under my blog header for more info. If there are enough people interested we can have another class, so stop by the RAH Blog and let them know or email me and I will pass the info on!!
Today is also reveal day over at Creative Scrappers. The latest sketch was a bit of a challenge for me - I struggled with the triangles in the design. After playing with paper placement I finally came up with a layout I really like. Here's my finished layout ...
 
 
I used Noel Mignon's November Kit "Maple Creek". Sorry, this kit is sold out but please check the Noel Mignon Website for info on a kit subscription - it's worth every penny. The kits are LOADED with current product and you will love them!!! Here's sketch 283 ...
 
 
I shrunk the sketch a bit but and rotated the orientation of the photo. There was lots of white space on my page so a splattering of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold really helped. Here's a few close-ups ...
 

 
I can't get enough of Maggie Holmes Vellum Dictionary Paper from the Open Book Collection - I had to buy more!!
Our Creative Scrappers sponsor for December is 17 Turtles a Digital Cut Files Shop for the Silhouette. 17 Turtles is owned by Juliana Michaels and you need to stop by her website to check out all the fun cut files available. To win the December prize from 17 Turtles create a layout and enter the challenges using out inlinkz widget at the end of the reveals for Sketch 283-284. Deadline to submit your layout is December 31st at Midnight EST. Please visit 17 Turtles on Facebook / Shop / Blog.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

This turned out really great, love that Simba.

BLOG CREDITS