Tuesday, October 13

5 for 5 Blog Hop Event: Halloween - Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of our latest 5 for 5 Blog Hop Event. We are 5 crafty friends getting together and creating 5 Holiday themed projects for 5 consecutive days. The event runs from October 12th until October 16th and is Halloween inspired!!
Today's theme is PURPLE. Now, that's easy enough for Halloween, right!! I made a large tag for today's project and colored a Dyan Reaveley stamp with Distress Inks.
 I stamped the image on mixed media paper and started water coloring with Distress Inks. The new Wilted Violet Distress Ink is a GORGEOUS purple and goes well with Twisted Citron for Halloween Projects!
I then inked a large tag with Distress Inks and splattered some water onto the tag.
I added some Distress Paint - Picket Fence to a script stamp and stamped on the tag. Then I used Tim Holtz Splatters Layering Stencil and applied Distress Ink - Black Soot through the stencil with a makeup wedge. Once my image was colored I added him to the tag with foam tape. I filled in one of his eyes with glossy accents.
I typed out a sentiment and added that to the side of the tag, inking the edges of the sentiment.
I love how he came out! The stamp set also includes a cat image which would make another fun tag - that's on my to-do-list!!
Please hop on over and check out today's projects for each of the designers! They all did a great job and hopefully you will be inspired to make a card, tag, ATC or whatever you desire to celebrate Halloween!!
 
 
5 for 5 Designers
Lynn Kopas (you are here)
 
 Thanks for stopping by today and stay tuned for tomorrow's spooky projects!!
 
SUPPLIES: 

 

4 comments:

Rea' said...

He's too cool Great tag love the colors !

Kris said...

OMGoodness! This is adorable. Love that dog image.

Phyllis said...

This is so adorable,love the dog and all the colors

Janis said...

That's one stylin' dog, there! Wonderful coloring and fabulous tag background.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

BLOG CREDITS