Wednesday, January 15

Project Life 2014

I recently joined the Project Life craze - August of 2013 to be exact. I wasn't sure if it was going to be my thing but, to my surprise, I have enjoyed it immensely! Since August, my PL supplies have grown and practically fill my one of my Ikea carts ...

Since I took this pic I have even more supplies! I have decided that the mini core kits are for me. I use the cards for a few weeks and then move on to another style. I have purchased only one full core kit and have tons left. I have split another full core kit with a friend and still have tons left. With all the awesome kits available I'd rather have a smaller quantity with less leftover. I think a PL swap would be a great idea!
I started PL in August 2013 so this year I'm excited to start on day one!! I am still trying to discover "my style" and I definitely have my go to items: doilies, date stamps, my AWESOME vintage typewriter, washi tape, sequins, paperclips, ribbon and tons of alpha cardstock stickers from my stash. I'm still working on the photography end. I have a Canon Selphy but the photos do not print in true 4x6 or 3x4 - they are smaller. The Selphy is a quick and easy way to print from your iphone and the quality of the film is great!
For my title page I started with a photo pocket page I haven't used before. It is Design J. Here's my title page for 2014 ...
 
 
This is a simple page but it allows the photos to have the spotlight. Here's close-ups of the cards and photos ...



 
Week 1 is on the back of this page. Last year I didn't start with a title page - still working on that!
 
 
The date stamp, (I have an obsession with date stamps), is Amy Tangerine's Calendar Stamp.
 


 
 Week 2 is done and I will share as soon as I can photograph it - such a challenge in this New England climate. (I shoot outdoors so I'm limited). Thanks for letting me share with you and it's exciting to start this PL journey another year right from the beginning!! See you soon.


3 comments:

Emma Farley said...

I'm just starting my first PL ever and LOVE how you put the weather on your pic of the snow!! How did you do that?/ who do you use to print your square pics??

Thanks!
Emma

Lynn K said...

Hi Emma, Thanks for your comments! The weather pic is an app called instaweather pro. It's very cool and great for project life! I print my photos on my Canon Selphy. I resize them in another app called Pic Stitch. Hope this helps!

Emma said...

Definitely helps! Thanks!

BLOG CREDITS