Monday, May 19

A Creative Weekend

So, I completely missed posting last week - the week simply slipped right by! I am creating though - doll tags, a canvas and a mixed media tag all of which I can share soon, along with a new DT announcement!
This past Saturday was an incredibly fun day creating TONS of cards with lots of yummy Lawn Fawn Goodies at the second Loft art RETREAT hosted by the lovely and talented Jenn Shurkus! I am in no way a great stamper, but I learned some new tricks to improve my stamping - some of my cards were "lessons learned" but I only goofed on a few! The Lawn Fawn stamps and die sets are so adorable and a lot of the die cutting was done for us - THANKS JENN!!  We arrived to find our kits and lots of Lawn Fawn Goodies for us to take home ... and chocolate!
 
 
Here's a few of the cards we made ...
 
 
Hey, I stamped well on these!! I love meeting and connecting with new people - it's great to meet facebook friends in real life!
 
 
 
Even Mister Harley was well-behaved and enjoyed the creative gathering. He had a new anchor bow tie for the occasion ...
 

 
This is my second art retreat with Jenn and I am looking forward to the next one! Before we all leave we have a group shot. This is my fav photo of the day and a great memory!!
 
 
Thanks Jenn for all your HARD WORK and planning. If anyone is local and can attend one of Jenn's retreats, it's well worth your time! Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

So glad you had fun!!! Wish I had been with you!

jenn shurkus said...

thank you so much Lynn :) thank you for coming and for all your positive support!! My brain is already swimming with ideas for the next ones! We need to get together for an artsy fartsy night and you you should do a beach day with us this summer!

Phyllis said...

Glad you had such a fun day, enjoy!

Donna B. said...

Looks like you had an awesome time!! So glad you got to meet Rachel!!

Rachel said...

love this post and great pics of the Mister! it was lovely meeting you! hope to see you again soon :)
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

BLOG CREDITS