Monday, August 31

Back from Vacation!

Hey Bloggers! I'm back from a very relaxing vacation week. To have a break from the daily grind of commute, work, commute, repeat is so essential. I had a great pool day mid week and several fun artsy days throughout the week. I hung out with friends and spent some quality time with my old girl Simba. She is 14.5 years old and I'm savoring my time with her.
This past Friday I got together with my artsy fartsy girl Jenn Shurkus and we were missing the other third of our group, Rachel Kleinman who recently moved into a gorgeous house down south! Jenn and I caught up AGAIN on our Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. We finished July and August and today I'm going to share August with you as I still have time to enter my tag on Tim's blog. Here's Tim's August 12 Tags of 2015 
 
The technique Tim shares this month is a mixed media use for dies. Dies were used to create a dimensional background and elements were then collaged over the background. I wanted to create a bright background so I chose different distress inks for the background, highlights around the found relative image and edging. Here's my tag ...
I chose Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks for my bright background. Here's a few close-ups
  We highlighted the edges of the image to create some shadowing. I used Hickory Smoke Distress marker and blended it in as I colored around the image. The matte medium used to collage the elements allows the blending to happen easily.
I applied Hickory Smoke Distress paint to the edges of the tag - I love how that contrasted with the brighter colors. I really love this technique and will use it again. Thanks Tim for the new ways to use our products!! I will return this week with July's 12 Tags of 2015.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!  
 
SUPPLIES: 

No comments:

BLOG CREDITS