Monday, April 4

12 Tags of 2016 Continued

Hi there - Happy Monday! It's Spring here in New England, so what does that mean ...  why, snow of course!! Snow, wicked winds and hail. Snow, yesterday and today. Not alot of snow, but enough to make it slick under foot and make commuting a pain in the butt! Oh yah, and it's cold again. So what to do ... CREATE!!
I finished a layout, which I'll post tomorrow. I also photographed my January and February Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016. I've already posted my March tag - you can see post that here. January's tag was done while I was at Crop on the Cape 2016 with my Artsy Fartsy Girls. Here's January's tag based on Tim's.
Here's my January Tag 
I like the foil taped background technique.
My new fav technique is using Picket Fence Distress Crayon to add color to metal embellishments - it's so much easier than paint!! 

I really loved February's tag - the colors and gold embossing are gorgeous. I worked on February's tag right after the crop with one of my Artsy Fartsy girls. Here's Tim's tag
I used my own photo to personalize the tag. Tim's new tag-sized stencils are perfect and were used on this tag. Here's my version
I love this photo of my Grandma and Aunt - they are both so young and all dressed up! Hats were so in then!! This close up shows the lovely gold embossing. 
The ribbon is so vibrant - it was stained with Candied Apple Red Distress Spray Stain - one of the new distress colors from 2015. 
Well, I'm officially caught up on my 12 Tags of 2016!! I'm gathering my supplies for April's tag which features a technique I'm anxious to try. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Monday!!

No comments:

BLOG CREDITS