Sunday, March 3

A week of Reflection ...

This has been a refelctive week for me. My Gram's passing was hard but I am so relieved that she is no longer uncomfortable and in pain. She was so active until June of last year when she hurt her back and then it has been a gradual decline since then. I am still amazed that she was only in a nursing home the past few months and the credit for that goes to my Mother. She has been the most incredible care giver I have met - even when it was challenging, she never gave up! My Mom gave my Gram the best care anyone could ask for and it wasn't easy. My Gram was a determined, strong willed person - great qualities, but also challenging qualities! My family knows what I mean! I have spent the weekdays with my family planning the memorial service, going through photos and then retreating home at night. I scrapped a few layouts of my Gram this week which I found quite therapeutic. I'm also working on a photo wreath with only vintage photos and an open frame with photos hung on wires - I'll share when finished! We will also have her scrapbooks out at the service - one of them has pages I did years ago when I first started scrapbooking and boy are they hysterical to reflect on - so simple, plain and lacking design.


My week wrapped up with an AMAZNG, messy, fun and much needed class at my LSS Right at Home Scrapbooking with the talented Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, who was one of the first in store designers at Right at Home. So it was cool to have her back again! I remember being at one of my first crops with her but didn't know her well at the time. She is so down to earth, has a great attitude and is an excellent teacher. We worked with sprays, stencils, stamps, inks, acrylic paints and my new love - watercolor paper! I learned alot about combining colors - something that doesn't come easy to me yet and mixed media design. I'm trying to add more color to my art journal pages - I tend to be too monochromatic - and she helped ALOT! If anyone is interested in mixed media has an opportunity to attend one of Julie's classes, I highly recommend it!! Thanks Right at Home for bringing Julie close to Home!!


I also have some exciting news - I have a layout in Kristine Davidson's new Sketchbook Creative Scrappers-Creating with Sketches to be released this week!



Sketchbook


I will share my page on Tuesday as well as info. on purchasing the Sketchbook - digital and printed copies! I have seen a preview and the sketches and layouts are gorgeous!


Well, I have one more day before I'm back to a routine. I will be fine as long as I stay busy and keep in touch with friends.The Memorial service will be a challenge to get through, as it is for anyone suffering a loss. I'm having brunch with my parents today and then home to chill and work on my Gram's photo wreath. Have a good week and I'll be back soon!



2 comments:

Kathy said...

{{{HUGS}}} <3

Marjolein said...

Big hug and lots of strength this coming time! I know how hard it is to lose your Gram.. still miss her!

BLOG CREDITS