Monday, March 10

I'm back and so is Alice!

I'm back! I'm amongst the living once again. Last week the flu kicked my butt. It all started Sunday March 2nd - welcome March right?!?! By Monday I had a fever, was vomiting, my body ached and the dreaded cough had plagued me. So, with some help I struggled to my Primary Care physician who hooked me up with ZPac and Zofram for nausea. A day or so later, my fever broke but the persistent cough lingered. Another call to my Primary and he hooked me up with prescription cough medicine. It has been a week and I feel much better but easily fatigued and still coughing. I had a flu shot back in October of last year but this is the first time since religiously getting flu shots that I didn't survive the season. Thanks to my awesome family and an understanding boss I was able to rest most of last week.
 
Needless to say my crafty side was non-existent. Even when I felt better I had no motivation. I am catching up on Project Life and need to get packing for my annual Crop on the Cape coming up this weekend. I did manage to create some ATC's for my monthly group at Right at Home Scrapbooking. This month's theme was Favorite Character. I really struggled with this one and ended up with Alice from Alice and Wonderland. I knew I had some supplies for this, which actually helped me decide the theme. I created a few versions of Alice and included an Alice-themed cat ATC as well. I used my older Splash of Color "Preposterous"  supplies and here's what I came up with ...
 

 
The glitter is Splash of Color's "Viva Colour German Glitter" in Champagne. The brilliance of this glitter is the best out there!! Here's the cat ATC ... hey, cat's enjoy the party too!
 
 
Well, that's it for this week. I'm slowly getting back in the saddle and I hope to have a project life catch up post soon. Thanks for stopping by and sorry for being MIA for awhile. Have a great week.
 

2 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

SO happy you're feeling better!!! Need you healthy for our fun weekend! LOVE your Alice ATCs...especially the kitty!!

Phyllis said...

I like Alice and the cat, you did alright for not feeling so good. Glad you are better but take it easy.

BLOG CREDITS