Monday, May 4

National Scrapbook Day and New Prima Doll Tags!

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend and to all my crafty friends hope you had a productive National Scrapbook Day! I spent Saturday morning teaching a canvas class at Jenn Shurkus's lovely loft. Jenn and Chris's daughters created adorable canvases based on one I created last month for the Design Team over at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog. Here's what they created ...
 


 
I love how each one is different even though all the products were the same. I also loved how the girls wanted to make them their own! They all waited to find the right word to add to the canvases to make it unique to them. It was so much fun and a great way to celebrate National Scrapbook Day! I also worked on a travel mini album to celebrate my trip to Bermuda in 2013. This will be a gift and I will share once I put the finishing touches on it!
Last month I created two brand new Prima Doll Tags using Julie Nutting's new Doll Stamps. I have made lots of these tags with Julie's stamps and I still love creating them. The first tag showcases "Jill" one of the newer stamps by Julie Nutting. I used Crate Paper's "Confetti" collection to create the scene for my tag and added the adorable dog as well - coordinated to match Jill, of course!
 
 
Here's a close up of the little dog all dressed up to walk in style ...
 
 
For the second tag I used "Rita", another newer doll stamp. I LOVE her dress and how stylish she is. She looks confident. I used My Mind's Eye "Jubilee" papers for Miss Rita.
 
 
For her dress, I re-stamped a few sections of her dress and popped them up with foam tape to give the dress more dimension.
 
 
I love little banners for detail and I added some gold thread under the button to go with the gold dots on her dress.
 
 
These tags are so fun and easy to create.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your day is a good one! See you soon!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

both tags are so adorable, I see the doily

BLOG CREDITS