Monday, November 9

5 for 5 Blog Hop Event: Thanksgiving - Day 1

I'm happy to say that the 5 for 5 Gang is back with another fun Blog Event. Who is the 5 for 5 gang you ask? Well, we are 5 crafty friends getting together and creating 5 Holiday themed projects for 5 consecutive days. Our last Blog Event was Halloween 2015, and we are so excited to be back!! We have a blast creating projects for you and inspiring you to create along with us!! We use whatever we have in our stash and just have fun!
Welcome to Day 1 of our latest 5 for 5 Blog Hop Event. The event runs from November 9th (today) to November 13th and is Thanksgiving inspired.  
 
 
 
Each day we will base our projects on a theme. Today's theme is WATERCOLORS.  I created a card using the ADORABLE Lawn Fawn "Thankful Mice" stamps and die set. I thought I would create a tree of cheese and have the adorable mice next to the tree. Here's my card ...
I stamped and die cut several cheeses from Distress Watercolor Cardstock and water colored them with Distress Inks. I water colored the background and the mice with Distress Inks also. For some sparkle I dotted glossy accents onto the sky and sprinkled glitter on them while they were wet.
Here's a close up of the water coloring ...
The star is from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mirrored Stars and I used Mushroom Alcohol Ink to color it.
Please be sure to sop by all the 5 for 5 designer's blogs today and check out the fun Thanksgiving projects! Hopefully we will inspire you to create some Thanksgiving projects to give or keep for yourself!!

5 for 5 Designers
Lynn Kopas (you are here)
 
I will be back tomorrow with a fun mini album made from project life cards! Have a great week.
 
Supplies: 

9 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

LOVE it!!! :)

Nicole said...

Adorable!

Nicole said...

Adorable!

Debs Cards and More said...

Very cute!

Urban Mermaid said...

Vey cute! Sorry for the "cheesy" comment. lol.

Donna B. said...

So cute Lynn!! LOVE the cheesy tree!!

Phyllis said...


this is so cute, we are sure grateful for your talent

Sweet April said...

I started giggling when I saw the cheesy Christmas tree,it's so cute,sweet and adorable with the two little friends beside it.

Rea' said...

So love those mice ( I'm a mouse person); card is just adorable !

BLOG CREDITS