Friday, November 13

5 for 5 Blog Hop Event: Thanksgiving - Day 5

I'm happy to say that the 5 for 5 Gang is back with another fun Blog Event. Who is the 5 for 5 gang you ask? Well, we are 5 crafty friends getting together and creating 5 Holiday themed projects for 5 consecutive days. Our last Blog Event was Halloween 2015, so we are so excited to be back!! We have a blast creating projects for you and inspiring you to create along with us!! We use whatever we have in our stash and just have fun!
Welcome to Day 5, our last day of the 5 for 5 Blog Hop Event. The event runs from November 9th to November 13th and is Thanksgiving inspired.
Well, I'm kinda sad that this is my last post for this blog hop event. This has been such a fun, creative week and we love sharing our holiday inspired ideas with you.
Today's theme is TEXTURE! I made a mixed media card with tons of texture on it. I started with a stencil and modeling paste and then blended some distress inks over the dried modeling paste. Then I created some cool textured leaves. I die cut leaves from Distress watercolor cardstock and water colored then with distress ink. Then I added some clear rock candy to give the leaves a crackle look. I added some twine and a gold embossed sentiment on vellum. Here's my card ...
I love the clear rock candy effect - here's a close up of the leaves...
Please stop by the rest of the designers blogs and check out their awesome projects.  
 
5 for 5 Designers
Lynn Kopas (you are here)
 
The 5 for 5 designers will return next month with our final blog hop event for this year. We hope you will join us! Have a great Friday and I'll be back soon with another Project Life project.
I want to thank everyone for all the lovely comments this week - it's makes me so happy to hear from you and keeps me inspired to create more! See you soon!!

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

This card is just lovely love the beautiful fall colors

Broni said...

Awesomely beautiful card, Lynn!!

Teri Barefoot said...

Lynn,
What a beautiful card great work thanks for sharing

Teri

tallulah1 said...

Gorgeous card Lynn! Thanks for sharing!
Janelle R

Sweet April said...

Amazing,fabulous,unique autumn card,love the colors,the leaves and the beautiful background.Thanks for a wonderful week!

Rea' said...

Gorgeous card love the background !

reclaimed dining table said...

Beautifully created card! Looking elegant!

BLOG CREDITS