Tuesday, March 15

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge | Photo Inspiration

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well!! 
I am beyond excited for my upcoming annual Crop on the Cape Event. I am looking forward to seeing LOTS of wonderful crafty friends, taking LOTS of goofy pictures and maybe getting SOME crafting done!! It's such a great time and a nice break from work. We leave Friday morning and stay the whole weekend. It's ALWAYS a blast and I can't wait to see everyone.
Today I'm sharing my project for this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. This month we have a photo inspiration as our challenge.
I chose the eggs and some of the colors of the photo as my inspiration. I created a mixed media tag using lots of distress inks to create a watercolor background. I also used distress inks to color my eggs. I started with Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock. I used watered down Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress inks to create the background. I added a doily to the background and then placed the watercolored eggs on top of the doily. 
I used Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade to color the eggs. 
 I added some flecks of Gilt paint from the Dina Wakley Media line of heavy body acrylic paints. I used the same distress inks I used to color the eggs to dye the crinkle ribbon for the top of my tag.
As a reminder our sponsor this month is Waffle Flower Crafts, a crafty online shop that sells stamps and dies. A lucky winner will receive a $25.00 gift certificate to shop online at Waffle Flower Crafts.
Head on over to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog to see the rules on how to join in on this month's fun challenge. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!

2 comments:

Helen Liu said...

HI Lynn, I love everything about this tag, the color combination,the layout, the texture and the embellishments. It is just so gorgeous and eye-pleasing. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Lynn K said...

Thank you Helen!

BLOG CREDITS