Saturday, January 2

Hello 2016!

One of my goals for 2016 is to be more active. This encompasses many areas - physically, on my blog, in my planner, with family and friends and especially creatively! Physically improving involves some surgery on my hip which I'm dreading but I'm finally ready to not be in pain anymore - I'm too young to be limping and quite uncomfortable and lately it's all the time. I feel like I had to get to this point before I could except that surgery is the best option. I've been walking more already and plan to continue even though it hurts.
I want to blog more and include some planner pages. I have had planners for decades for work and personal stuff. They have never been "pretty" ones or decorated, just merely to keep work and appointments straight. With the iphone craze my planner became secondary. Now with the planner craze in full swing I prettied up my new planner and find that leftover stickers and embellies work great for sprucing up my pages. I'm also planning to join The Planner Society Kit Club - signing up today if all goes well!
On New Year's Eve I stayed home, and worked/played in my studio while pet sitting my neighbor's dog. I updated some of my Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink Distress Charts. I use these charts all the time to match papers to a specific distress product. I find these reference charts work well for my process - then I grab the product and go. I have a few of my updated charts on my Instgram account. I also finished my December Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. I have enjoyed creating all of Tim's tags of 2015 and I still have a few more to share with you. What made these tags fun was creating them with my Artsy Fartsy Girls Jenn Shurkus and Rachel Kleinman. We share our products and have MANY laughs while creating! I hope we can continue this in 2016 - even though Rachel has moved to Baltimore.  With Google Hangout we can still create together even when we're not physically together!
I stayed pretty true to Tim's tag with a few exceptions - the wreath, bow and the background stencil. Here's Tim's tag for December ...
I didn't have the background stencil he used or the punches to make the wreath so I used Boxwood twine and the Festive layering stencil instead. I have listed all my products used below. I used the Simon Says Stamp Perfect Bow Die. I even stitched around the edges of the tag. Here's my tag...
I love the splatters of Picket Fence Distress Paint on the wreath and bow - it gives the wreath a snowy effect.
I also love the stitching around the edges of the tag.
I'm so glad I finished all the tags of 2015 and I plan on participating again this year - hopefully with my Artsy Fartsy Girls! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
 
Supplies Used: 

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Love this tag, all the details look so real keep doing great and fun projects

jenn shurkus said...

It's almost like we did them together since we used similar supplies 😊😊😊 looking forward to making 2016's with you girls!!

BLOG CREDITS