Monday, January 4

What Not to do!

As promised I'm sharing my final Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. My tag didn't come out that great. Part of the technique was using gold mixative alcohol ink mixed with other vibrant alcohol inks. I added way too much gold and it overpowered the other colors. I tried adding more alcohol inks AFTER the tag was done and it didn't work. I still like that I learned this technique and what not to do!! Here's Tim's tag..
Aren't the colors stunning?!?! And the transparent gloss through the stencil is sooo pretty. That's what is lost on my tag because I went over the completed tag with more alcohol inks to try to add more color. Here's my tag...
The black cardstock that Tim used on the bottom of his tag didn't look that great on my tag so I added an Idea-ology Number Token (9 for September).
That wraps up my 12 Tags of 2105 adventure! I truly enjoyed the year long journey! I am looking forward 12 Tags of 2016!! 
I ran out of time Sunday evening so I did not include a supply list for this tag but Tim has an extensive list on his blog.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

What a beautiful tag. The colors are so vibrant. Great job as always

BLOG CREDITS